World Scavenger Hunt

search, look, high and low, scour the area for, sweep or comb it, seek, try and find, scout around, rummage about, root or fish around for. pursue.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Feigning perception.



I am pretty sure that this guy ( girl? who knows! ) has long forgotten he has a tail, as he probably has also long forgotten he is a dog. I loved that he smiled at me as though he could actually see me. Feigning perception. Imagine living your life like that - where you heard someone come up to you, ask you a question and you do have the sense of sight, but you just have to face the direction of the voice and smile. I bet It-looking-hippies do it all the time.

Unfortunately, the woman who was with this dog had to do the exact same with me - nod and smile. She had no idea what I was saying because she didn't speak a lick of English. Or at least that is what I assume, as when I asked her do you speak English she just nodded and smiled. Living in San Francisco, America, I would imagine you'd at least learn that phrase. I feel just as silly not knowing a lick of Spanish and living in America. I spelled La Jolla 'La Hoya' yesterday. Live and learn, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home