World Scavenger Hunt

search, look, high and low, scour the area for, sweep or comb it, seek, try and find, scout around, rummage about, root or fish around for. pursue.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

My Rainbow. What's your rainbow?


Chelsea, you reignited what W.S.H. is supposed to be about: creativity. Thank you - I know I will attempt to be as on top of this world as possible for the next few weeks.

I decided I wasn't going to wait around to see a rainbow in the sky, especially not on such a significant day of defeat for the dispersive circumstance of light - NYS Senate did not pass the Equal Rights Marriage Bill and I am pissed. Maybe I am just too hopeful or naïve, but I thought for sure it would get passed. Makes no sense to me that in a country of liberty and justice for all, two people in love can't legally display it.

Here is my rainbow. I made it out of all the things going on in my life right now.

Red: packaging tape. I have been traveling from city to city, packaging up boxes, lots and lots of boxes.
Orange: Love Chocolate. I miss Brian and eat chocolate because it reminds me of him.
Yellow: A bracelet that says EVOLVE. A man at Burning Man gifted it to me. It symbolized the 'Pay it Forward' mentality. Anytime I saw someone with a similar bracelet on, I was supposed to, no questions asked, give them something. I think that mentality would be well-suited to translate into the regular world, even without bracelets.
Green: The book I am reading right now and have been reading since the last second I stepped out of NYC in May.
Blue: A map of Chicago that Brian gave to me. I am in Chicago.
Purple: an Autumn Teneyl dress! 'Cause that's my world lately ;)

Okay, onward with this hunt. I love playing this game with you guys. It keeps me connected. I miss you. Have I told you that lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home